Our Pregnancy Exercise Class has a NEW HOME! Ora Studios at North Head Manly will closed from the 22nd of July 2017. Our classes however continue with the lovely team at Integrated Movement in Dee Why. For bookings and further information contact them today!
Prepare your body for the demands of labour and manage pregnancy related pains by joining our small group pregnancy exercise classes in Manly – safe and supervised by a Physiotherapist.
- Supervised and run by a Physiotherapist
- Low impact cardio exercise
- Weights + resistance exercise
- Core + pelvic floor strengthening
- Self paced for any stage of pregnancy
- Manage/prevent pregnancy related back/pelvic pain
- Small group classes
- Great way to meet other local Mums-to-be
- Health fund rebates may apply (refer to your health fund for more information)
Exercise is an important part of a healthy pregnancy, with wonderful benefits for both Mother and baby.
There are some amazing benefits of maintaining / improving fitness during pregnancy, which can include;
- Reduced weight gain
- Lessen or prevent musculoskeletal discomforts of pregnancy such as lower back pain
- Reduced prevalence (and assists in the treatment) of Gestational Diabetes
- Improved sleep
- Reduced constipation and bloating
- Reduced swelling in the extremities
- Less likely to develop pre-eclampsia
- Improved energy levels and mood
- Reduce the chance and severity of anxiety and depression
- Promotes muscle tone, strength and endurance
- Reduce your chances of developing varicose veins
- Reduced likelihood to require interventions during labour (such as forceps delivery)
- Increased ability to return to pre-pregnancy fitness and weight
How to join:
Prior to joining Ora Studios’ Pregnancy Exercise Class, you will undergo an initial assessment with a Physiotherapist, who will screen you for any issues that may require medical approval prior to commencement. During this assessment, you will also learn how to activate your core and pelvic floor muscles correctly, as well as important information on how to manage your changing posture to reduce your chances of back pain and minimise abdominal separation. We will discuss any pregnancy or non-pregnancy related pains/injuries you may have, and how we will address them in class, and finally, you will be guided through the basics of our exercises to ensure good/safe technique.
This full Physiotherapy assessment qualifies for health fund rebates – for which we have HICAPS on site for instant refunds.
Please contact us to schedule an initial assessment. The assessment for this class cannot be booked online.
Ora Studios is located within North Head Sanctuary in Manly, which has an abundance of free car parking.
The Pregnancy Exercise Class takes place in the studio – which is temperature controlled for your comfort and safety whilst exercising, or outside at the sanctuary if the weather permits. Refer to our contact page for google map and directions.
Thursday: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Saturday: 9:30am – 10:30am
Initial Assessment: 45 – 60mins | Physiotherapy Assessment: $100 (minus rebate)
6 Class Pass: $32 per class
Casual: $37 per class | subject to numbers
*6 class passes are to be used within 7 weeks at one class per week, and 4 weeks at two classes per week. Classes are paid in full and in advance when the pass is purchased – and following each class you will receive a receipt via email to claim back from your fund. Any classes not completed in the timeframe will be forfeited and you will not be able to claim them from your fund.
Feel free to contact us with any questions, or book your initial assessment!